Ageing has never been easier on the body or on the mind than it is now and for those of us lucky enough to be privy to the newest wonders in the world of anti ageing, looking like a perfectly air brushed image isn’t just a pipe dream. Luckily enough maintaining your youth and beauty do not necessarily equal to painful procedures and treatments.
With the cosmetic industry coming up with various treatments every day, it is possible for all to be able to not just reverse the signs of aging, but also maintain it that way. In fact, if started to care for early as advised below, it is possible to keep your skin looking healthy as it is in the age span of 20s.
- A healthy lifestyle goes a long way in determining the health of your skin. This should include a well-balanced diet, 2-3 liters of water and 7-8hours of sleep daily.
- Regular exercise is a must. This helps in improving the blood circulation and the oxygenation of your skin.
- A sunscreen should always be used on the skin at least twice daily at an interval of a few hours, irrespective of the SPF and the climatic conditions.
- A moisturizer should be applied on your skin at night. It is a good idea to use a repair agent under the moisturizer (as repair agents have strong active ingredients, it should only be used on advice of your doctor).
- For a skin prone to acne, a cleanup done once every 4-6 weeks helps in exfoliating the dead cells, but should be done under an anti-biotic cover under the supervision of your doctor.
- For normal to dry skin a facial once a month helps in hydrating the skin. Also the face massage included in a facial, helps in improving the blood circulation to the skin and thus rejuvenates it.
- Procedures like Botox and Dermal Fillers are very good tools to correct facial lines and wrinkles and restoring lost volume to the face. If done by a qualified doctor, it can help in lifting off as much as 10 years from your face, depending on your age.
- Anti-aging treatment like Thermage, is another non-surgical option to get a much tighter, firmer and younger looking skin.
- There are various chemical peels which can be done to lighten the skin, reduce pigmentation spots and acne scars, and some are just for skin rejuvenation. But these peels again should be done after a proper skin analysis and under medical supervision.
- Lastly, one can include certain nutritional supplements to further enhance the quality of skin and general well-being as well. Anti-oxidants, Vitamin C supplements and oil capsules help in fighting the accumulation of free radicals in our system thus preventing premature ageing.
With a little bit of discipline, it is indeed possible to keep your skin glowing and youthful all through your life.